Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More Strobe Photography



As I was working my way through a book on Canon strobe (electronic camera flash) I always came back to photograph on the cover – raspberry dropped into a glass of water. It is a stunning composition but there isn’t any detailed description as to how the picture was taken, just a passing note that 2 strobes were used hooked to radio trigger. I took it as a challenge and after about 5 hours of experimenting I have managed to get somewhat similar image. No raspberries in refrigerator so I used frozen strawberry. I am sure that I could have taken better picture but I ate my prop. I’ll be perfecting the technique once I buy some fresh strawberries.



Oops…I forgot to clean the wine glass in between shots!




My setup. One flash was placed behind and to the right of camera and second flash behind white screen. The flash on left is one from behind. Both flashes were triggered by radio trigger that was mounted on camera’s hot shoe.



I have tied steel nut to a string and then lowered the nut to position where the strawberry will be dropped. When the nut was dead still I focused on it manually and I was ready for the drops.

Book that challenged me.


No comments: